Today I wanted to share a sweet and thoughtful gift idea for Valentine’s Day. These heart garlands are the perfect way to let one of your ‘loves’ know how much they mean to you.
They would work perfectly for one of your little kiddos, for your spouse, for a parent or grandparent, or for a dear friend. They would also make a thoughtful class gift for a favorite teacher!
The key to making this gift special, is writing down a few special memories you have of this person . . . specific things that you love about them.
For example, when we did this as a teacher gift, the children from the class wrote things like:
“I love that you made us hot cocoa on that really snowy day.”
“I like that you read us Wonder every afternoon.”
“I am glad that you helped me when I hurt my foot at recess.”
Here’s what you’ll need:
• pages from an old, discarded book
• sewing machine (or you can hand sew with needle + thread)
• hand written or typed memories
• bakers twine
Here's how to do it:
1. Write/Type a few memories onto small slips of paper
2. Tear pages out from an old, discarded book
3. Make heart template & trace several hearts onto book page
4. Cut hearts out
5. Arrange hearts & memories into desired pattern (heart, heart, memory, heart, etc.)
6. Sew with a loose stitch through the center of the hearts & memories
7. For easy hang up, sew a little lop of twine to the top heart
A simple, personalized little gift for that person who makes your world a little brighter!